HP3000-L Archives

July 2002, Week 3

From:
"John P. Clarke" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John P. Clarke
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 12:39:00 -0400
My primary obsessive-compulsive symptoms are the mental rituals of counting and ordering, especially obsessing on words and numbers: ordering words into groups of 3s, 4s; geometric stacking of letters, and the grouping of words in my head that goes on unchecked.

I've read books, done therapy, and consulted with many without any substantial progress.  The continual counting, sorting of whatever I see, and the unceasing thoughts in my head competing for attention interferes with concentration, impairs decision-making, and leads to frustration and depression.

I would welcome your suggestions, possible solutions, reference materials, referrals, anything you might recommend.  Please email me at [log in to unmask]

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

John P. Clarke