HP3000-L Archives

July 2002, Week 3

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 13:51:29 EDT
We've just put up a new version of QCTerm (version 0.96g) at:

     http://aics-research.com/qcterm

This version corrects an obscure problem we had with "transmit-only" fields
in VPLUS forms. We were simply misinterpreting the documentation. I want to
sincerely thank Tom Brandt for not only finding the problem but helping us
debug it as well.

This version also speeds up the transmission of forms back to the host. We
were redrawing the forms mode screens too often in previous versions, thus if
you had a slow PC, the forms transmission seemed sluggish. In this version,
we redraw the screen only once, at the tail end of the transmission.

To download this version, simply go to the site referenced above, download
the self-extracting setup file and unzip it to the c:\ drive, as it is primed
to do. Be sure that you've previously closed all running instances of QCTerm
before unzipping the new version.

At this point, there are no known problems with QCTerm. Perhaps a moment's
notice should be taken and note that we've changed the web page from saying
that QCTerm is "a gift to the HP3000 user community" to it's "a gift to the
HP user community," given the changing nature of the times. Similarly, all
other references to the HP3000 have been removed from the page.

If you're wondering, I'm not wildly thrilled about that.

Wirt Atmar