HP3000-L Archives

July 2002, Week 3

From:
george c stachnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
george c stachnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 11:47:03 -0500
 On Tuesday, July 23rd, Hp will present the fifth in its
e3000 Transitions series of webcasts.  This program is
focused on issues surrounding the migration of TurboIMAGE
databases to other platforms, including HP-UX, Linux and
Windows.

HP’s TurboIMAGE DBMS is perhaps the most widely used
MPE/iX subsystem.  Virtually every HP e3000 application
uses TurboIMAGE to some extent.  In this webcast, we’ll
examine the alternative ways that TurboIMAGE data can be
ported to other platforms.  We’ll also determine the best
way to port applications that contain reference to
proprietary TurboIMAGE intrinsics to other platforms.  We’ll
examine the pro’s and con’s of using a TurboIMAGE-like
DBMS (such as Eloquence), as opposed to using a
TurboIMAGE-wrapper to access data in a mainstream
RDBMS such as Oracle or SQL Server.

To register for our transition series of webcasts, point your
browser to http://webcenter.hp.com/cgi/desktv/csy/2418/index.pl

For a complete webcast schedule, and pointers to streaming
media for earlier webcasts in the transition series, go to
http://www.hp.com/products1/mpeixservers/news_events/webcast_schedule.html