HP3000-L Archives

July 2002, Week 2

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 20:02:20 EDT
Stan writes:

> Re:
>  > >As far as succinct goes, let me show you how you would accomplish the
> whole
>  > >of Allen's original request in QueryCalc.
>  >
>  > Unfortunately I can't find this program on my HP e3000 system and so
>  > If this program is required to be purchased then I thought the
>  > convention was to identify the subject of the post in such a way
>  > that my auto-delete of such postings will work correctly :-)
>
>  IIRC, we got a copy of QueryCalc for $1 as part of a 918 package deal that
> HP
>  put together a year or two ago.
>
>  I think that for $1, one needs only 1/3 of a pixel's wirth of "<plug>" :)
>
>  BTW, if you don't have it, I recommend looking at it ... just as I
recommend
>  looking at QWEBS (from QSS.COM).

Before anyone writes and angrily asks why in the heck did we charge them so
much for their copy of QueryCalc, when Stan got his copy for only a dollar,
the $1 offer applied only to other software developers. In that circumstance,
we would make our money "downstream," after the developer (perhaps invisibly)
incorporated the use of QueryCalc into their products.

Duane, as a software developer, like Stan, qualified for this $1 offer.

Wirt Atmar