HP3000-L Archives

July 2002, Week 2

From:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 16:16:16 -0700
Don't be embarrassed to ask stupid Linux questions on HP3000-L.  After all,
those kinds of postings are WAY more on-topic than the Pledge of Allegiance,
etc.  ;-)

Seriously, other MPE users thinking about migrating to Linux probably have the
same kinds of Linux newbie questions.  Sure, you probably want to ask deeply
technical Linux questions in the Linux-specific forums, but I think there is
transition value in having MPE users see other MPE users asking basic Linux
questions.

Plus there is also likely some value in CSY seeing the kinds of Linux/Unix
questions you are asking.  The questions you post to HP3000-L will stand out
more, instead of getting lost in the noise of thousands of generic Linux questions.

- Mark B.

[log in to unmask] wrote:

> The other thing that occurs to me is, even if I overcame my embarrassment,
> and thought I could get such newbie questions answered, I would have no idea
> in which forum I should ask them. When I think of newbie-friendly forums, I
> think of the 3000-L. So, it occurs to me, since many of us in this forum
> feel compelled to learn new things, at least some of us need to have a means
> to ask such newbie questions. Now, should these go on the 3000-L at OT? If
> so, do when then tag them, [Linux], [W2K], etc?

Remainder of .sig suppressed to conserve expensive California electrons...