HP3000-L Archives

July 2002, Week 2

From:
Guy HPTraderOnline <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Guy HPTraderOnline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 15:28:19 -0700
Larry Barnes <snip>
Some of those studies
> have been countered and then re-instated just because of some study.  I'm
> very suspicious of any study these days it reminds me of the old saying,
> 'number never lie, only statistician lie.'

Statisticians usually lie because they might profit from their numbers.  You
may have heard it said, "The man who pays the piper calls the tune."
I have read that the cholesterol studies for eggs were performed on powdered
eggs, by the cereal industry.  We eat a lot more cereal now.
If there is nothing to gain by the figures, then why try.  Unless of course
you want to convince someone that your way is the only way.

Guy Avenell