HP3000-L Archives

July 2002, Week 1

Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 12:30:07 -0400
Perhaps, before the 4th of July gets here, the 9th Circuit can rule that
the Declaration of Independence is unconstitutional!  After all, it speaks
of God in the very first sentence, and acknowledges Him as "Creator" in the
second sentence!

What then, would we revert to being British colonies?  If so, we would need
to quickly cancel the holiday (and the 5th, too, for those who get it off).

Hoping everybody has a great and safe 4th (assuming it is still
constitutional).

"He who goes forth on the fourth with a fifth, may not go forth on the
fifth."  -- can't remember who said it.