HP3000-L Archives

July 2002, Week 1

From:
Guy HPTraderOnline <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Guy HPTraderOnline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 09:20:24 -0700
In the U.S. Air Force theaters, they play the national anthem before every
movie.  You stand for it or you get out.  It's policy.
While I was stationed at a British Base, I went to the movies with an
Irishman.  He was waiting in the lobby for me.  I said, "Why don't we go
in?"  He told me they play God save the Queen.  I kind of wanted to see it.
But he said he will fight for the freedom of his country, but he won't stand
for the Queen of England.
People of common goals and ideals need to rally around something, as long as
it is all inclusive.
You don't say, "Were all in this together, except for the red heads.  They
are just along for the ride."  I had to pick someone to be outcast.  Both my
kids are red heads.  I hope they don't mind.

Guy Avenell
www.hpto.net

Guy Avenell