HP3000-L Archives

July 2002, Week 1

From:
Lynn Price <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 10:41:13 -0500
Although I don't wish to be argumentative, I am sure it depends upon what
history books you are reading, but we had something called the
"Revolutionary War" that provided our country with its independence. To say
that Britian "gave the U.S. up" is far from valid. I am proud of my country,
I have a deep respect for those who have sacrificed their lives for the
freedoms I now enjoy. It is selfish to ONLY look at one's own
accomplishments without recognizing the impact other's decisions have had on
me. I am even more proud of the Christian heritage upon which America was
founded and believe that a departure from the very foundation of our
forefather's hearts is a big mistake. After last year's tragedy in NYC and
Washington DC, the very core values, morals and beliefs American's (in
general) hold true came to the surface and the word "prayer" was heard on
television stations around the world. The Pledge of Allegiance is a
combination of love of country and love of heritage and love of moral
values. Our flag stands tall today because of that mix and tomorrow, the old
red, white and blue will fly high as we celebrate "One Nation Under God".