HP3000-L Archives

July 2002, Week 1

From:
Christian Lheureux <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 13:59:10 +0200
Jon correctly pointed out :

> Christian,
>
>         One day early, but greatly appreciated none the less.

Yes. My assumption was that most of you US residents will have a day off on
the 4th, so I deliberately sent my post one day early.

>  I suspect this one will have extra special meaning to many people in
light of 9/11.

Yes. It is the first Independence Day after 9/11, so let's expect a lot of
celebration, grief for the dead and the missing, and many tributes. And
please let's keep in mind that THE WHOLE WORLD was hurt on 9/11. The loss of
life (and the missing) spans, I think, 40-odd nationalities, perhaps more.
In that respect, we French should on next Bastille Day (07/14) pay tribute
to our own 09/11 dead and missing.

Or would it make sense that 09/11 would be declared a World Day of
Remembrance at, say, UN level ?

> Thanx,
>         Jon

Best Regards,