HP3000-L Archives

July 2002, Week 1

From:
John Korb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Korb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 18:31:20 -0400
Okay, I'm home on vacation and I'm still thinking about work (50 lashes
with a wet noodle).

In the old MPE/V days there were limits as to how many files a process
could have open (even specifying NOCB) and how many times a file could be
opened system-wide.  Today's MPE/iX is a very different creature from
yesterdays MPE/V so I'm wondering what some of the file system limits are
today.

Consider:
We are running MPE/iX 7.0 with Express 1 and many, many, many patches
(including Advanced Telnet beta!!!).

Question 1:
How many processes can simultaneously have an IMAGE database open?

Question 2:
How many processes can simultaneously have a file open, or stated another
way, on a system-wide basis, how many simultaneous opens of a single file
are permitted (if there are restrictions for file types like Msg or access
modes like GMULTI, etc. please specify)?

Question 3:
How many files can a single process simultaneously have open?

Thanks!

John