HP3000-L Archives

July 2002, Week 1

From:
David Gale <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Gale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 09:55:40 -0400

> But that is exactly the point. Congress *did* amend the Pledge of
Allegiance
> in 1954, following a concerted campaign the Knights of Columbus, a
Catholic
> organization to do so.

But you have to match all the criteria. It's still not a law, it's a pledge.
I could author a official poem about the USA, Congress could publish it, and
it's still not a law. The Constitution is very specific. The qualifications
were Congress, Laws, with regards to endorsement or prohibition.

I will be honest, I cannot find a law changing the Pledge. Unless this was
done by law, then there is no standing in a Federal Court.

I agree with you that the Pledge was not always what it is. I will also
agree that, if these do not met with public endorsement, then we need to
vote our current cannibals out of office.

I will state my gripe again. It is my belief that the Federal Court system
only belongs involved if Congress, through passing a law, shows an
endorsement or prohibition of religion.

For the Federal Court system to touch this case otherwise would also violate
their purpose.

Thanks Wirt,

Dave