HP3000-L Archives

July 2002, Week 1

From:
Harmik Minassian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harmik Minassian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 14:34:37 -0500
 Subject: Results

Results
========

A minister dies and is waiting in line at the Pearly Gates.

Ahead of him is a guy who's dressed in sunglasses, a loud shirt, leather
jacket, and jeans.

Saint Peter addresses the guy, "Who are you, so that I may know whether or
not to admit you to the Kingdom of Heaven?"

The guy replies, "I'm Joe Cohen, taxi driver, of Noo Yawk City."

Saint Peter consults his list. He smiles and says to the taxi driver, "Take
this silken robe and golden staff and enter the Kingdom of Heaven."

The taxi driver goes into Heaven with his robe and staff, and it's the
minister's turn.

He stands erect and booms out, "I am Joseph Snow, pastor of Saint Mary's for
the last forty-three years."

Saint Peter consults his list. He says to the minister, "Take this cotton
robe and wooden staff and enter the Kingdom of Heaven."

"Just a minute!" says the minister.

"That man was a taxi driver and he gets a silken robe and golden staff

How can this be?"

"Up here, we work by results," says Saint Peter.

"While you preached, people slept.

While he drove, people prayed."