HP3000-L Archives

June 2002, Week 4

From:
Michael Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:34:45 -0500
This is a very interesting subject, not so much as just H1B. What's interesting is the one cause of the H1B issue. I believe that it's not our US Government, but our US Government officials and CEO's of companies like Enron that are in co-oots with not 'Corporate America', but rather International business & Government in general, in the pursuit of Money & Power, just plain and simple GREED. Today, more than ever International trade and investment laws are being manipulated, only to line the pockets of the manipulators. Most recent is:  "Fast Track" a procedure through which Congress gives the president authority to negotiate trade agreements and provides special rules for considering those agreements.  Fast Track transfers constitutionally-mandated 'Powers of Congress' to the 'Executive Branch'. This is NOT what the Founding Fathers of the US had in mind at all! The US manufacturing industry is all but gone, sent over seas. Hiring foreign workers instead of US workers right here in our own country. These things are not helping the US tax payers, the people who are actually willing to fight an die for this country. It's only lining in the pockets of the already rich and powerful. I can see the pieces coming together, one day making the US just another 3rd world country, lead by greedy leaders, leading a poverty stricken society. A fearful, and saddening thought in deed, to wonder what my children, or grand-children have to look forward to.

--
Michael Anderson
Spring Independent School District