HP3000-L Archives

June 2002, Week 4

From:
Jim Mc Coy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 11:06:50 -0400
This is probably the most common way.
North American Van Lines just tried to pull this stunt on thier IT staff.
They were unable to get away with it, but they still found a way to stick it to them.
They "sold" the company, fired everyone and rehired some at the "new" company at lower rates, less benefits and they lost thier retirement.
This happened under a very thinly veiled threat to replace them with H1B's.  So some of them are just happy to not have joined the massive ranks of the unemployed IT workers.

jm