HP3000-L Archives

June 2002, Week 4

From:
David T Darnell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 11:04:21 -0600
Oh list of wide technical expertise:

I would like to identify materials that meet these specifications.

highly viscous liquid or gell consistency from 0 to 80 centigrade.

Behaves as a fluid under low velocity stress, but like a solid under high
velocity stress - a work-a-day example would be silly putty: if you strech
it slowly, it acts like a fluid, and streches, but if you attempt to strech
it quickly, it will break. The effect I am looking for is analogous to an
automotive shock absorber, but in a fluid form.

High resistance to production of voids under the high-velocity stress - and
similary, high tensile strength (if that is the correct terminology.)

Non toxic, or no more than marginally toxic if introduced invasively into
human flesh.

Nice to have - low viscosity liquid until heat-cured, like a polymer resin.

This is for a product idea I have, so please excuse me for not sharing the
actual application.

thanks,

Dave Darnell
darnell<at>darnell.org