HP3000-L Archives

June 2002, Week 4

From:
"Wayne R. Boyer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 18:50:33 EDT
In a message dated 6/22/02 7:33:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> In the desert, it's the water that controls the maximum population size

I disagree... it's the politicians who control the water supply, population
size, etc. etc.etc. We have enough water to grow lots of strawberries in
Southern Calif. yet we get to read about 'water shortages' and the so called
need to 'control population growth'.  This all stems from a desire on some
people's part to prohibit other people from sharing a nice area.  Water just
gets used as a excuse to prohibit houses etc. for these other people.

Wayne Boyer