HP3000-L Archives

June 2002, Week 4

From:
"Shahan, Ray" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shahan, Ray
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 09:46:17 -0500
My original idea for a lobbyist had nothing to do with the 3000 (still
doesn't), it has everything to do with the original intent of the H1B
program, which was to help U.S. companies with tech workers outride the U.S.
because there were not enough tech workers in the U.S..  This was never
proven, and even if it were, at one time true, it is certainly not the case
now...the U.S. tech industry workers are losing jobs left and right.

Of course, anyone could blow our attempt at curtailing (yes, even, for the
time being, eliminate) the H1B program way out of proportion, and I hope
that doesn't happen.

Ray Shahan

"Life is what happens while you're busy making plans", John Lennon