HP3000-L Archives

June 2002, Week 3

From:
Greg Chaplin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg Chaplin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 13:34:27 +1000
If you type in the line number alone (ie. without the "list" command), Qedit
will place you at the line you requested, or the 1st one past it.

EG.
/l[/
   50     this is 50
  100     this is 100
  120     this is 120
  150     this is 150
/l100
  100     this is 100
/l120
  120     this is 120
/100
  100     this is 100
/d100
  100    _this is 100
1 line Deleted!
/l[/
   50     this is 50
  120     this is 120
  150     this is 150
/l
  150     this is 150
/l100
 Warning: No Line
/l
  150     this is 150
/100
  120     this is 120
/l
  120     this is 120
/
Dunno how this goes in visual mode - I use line-mode mostly.

Greg Chaplin
www.unisuper.com.au
UniSuper
Level 37, 385 Bourke Street
Melbourne  VIC  3000,
Australia.
Phone: 61 3 9691 4145
Fax:   61 3 9691 4141

>>> Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]> 14/06/02 22:02:20 >>>
If I'm working with a program source which I don't want to renumber at the
moment (possibly so it stays in sync with a printed listing I have), and I
Move some lines, including (say) line 100, and then I try to List 100 to get
back into the vicinity, QEdit says 'Warning: No Line'.

Fair enough, but it *doesn't* move me to the nearest line to 100 - it leaves
the '*' line exactly where it was. So why not 'Error: No Line'?

There doesn't seem to be any way I can find to change this behaviour, either
in List or Set List, though I might have missed some other setting that will
do it..

A colleague has kindly pointed me to 'VI 100' - which *will* start its
display from the next nearest line after 100 without complaint, when 100
doesn't exist. Although this difference doesn't seem to be documented in the
QEdit manual..... :-(

But I'm already in 'VI' mode, and I don't want to have to do an 'L', see it
fail, and then do a 'VI'.

Can I get 'L' to do what I want, or are there drawbacks in this?

The QEdit is 5.1, BTW, though my manual is for QEdit 5.0.

--
Roy Brown

Posting with the OEnemy, tamed by OE-QuoteFix
http://jump.to/oe-quotefix