HP3000-L Archives

June 2002, Week 3

From:
Bill Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:13:50 -0600
Our spooling problem with our Zebra printer has been resolved.  This is
what the problem was - but, why it took a month to surface is a mystery
to me.

1.  We had this Zebra printer attached (serially) to our 957 using a
Profile name in NMMGR = PR18U96
2.  We installed our new A500 on 5/11/02 and had this same Zebra printer
attached but the Profile name in NMMGR was = PR22D96

The printer has run continually for 5 weeks without a problem.
Yesterday was our first issue.

Solution:  I changed the Profile in NMMGR to PR18U96 and re-booted the
box using START NORECOVERY.

This has now corrected our situation and shipping labels are back
printing.  Thanks to everyone who responded (on and off list).

Bill Harris
IS Manager
Seastrom Manufacturing Co., Inc.