HP3000-L Archives

June 2002, Week 2

From:
Barry Durand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barry Durand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 12:32:05 -0700
Speaking as someone who grew up in Louisiana,
it is not that bad all over Louisiana but there are
spots where it is *very* bad.   From what I recall,
US-190 has particularly bad spots where it drops from
55 to 35 in a *very* short distance.

I-10 is not that bad except for again in a few spots
and I can't imagine that even in those spots someone
would get a ticket for doing 56 in a 55.  There is a
spot between Lafayette and Baton Rouge on I-10 where
it is rural but the interstate is elevated and where
the speed limit drops from 65 to 55 (at least it did
last time I was there).

My main suggestion is that you don't try to run drugs
through Louisiana on I-10.  The St. Martin Parish
Sheriff's department has an keen sense for drug
trafficers (or so I have heard and noticed in the news.)

Barry

Allegro Consultants    408.252.2330
http://www.allegro.com/people/durand/index.html
Opinions are mine, not my employer's