HP3000-L Archives

June 2002, Week 2

From:
Kevin Smeltzer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Smeltzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 16:23:41 -0400
On Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:47:51 -0700, Donna Garverick <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>me again.... :-)
>
>what manual has the documentation for predictive support?
>and, more specifically, is there a clean way to stop
>'psmon'?          - d
>
>--
>Donna Garverick     Sr. System Programmer
>
>Come, my friends, 'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
>Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho'
>We are not now that strength which in old days
>Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.
>"Ulysses", A. Tennyson

As always, the question is what OS are you on:

MPEix 6.5 and 7.0 PRIOR to Express 1:
1. Logon as MANAGER.SYS  (or with SM and PH cap.)
2. RUN RUNPSMON.PRED.SYS;XL='XL.PRED.SYS,DIAGXL.PRED.SYS';PARM=-65
    (does an orderly shutdown of the Predictive Support monitor
    PSMON.PRED.SYS, and the JPSMON.PRED.SYS job will terminate normally.)
3. RUN STMSHUT.DIAG.SYS  (to shutdown the diagnostic monitor process
    diagmond and its children processes, diaglogd and memlogd.

MPEix 7.0 Express 1, and later:
1. Logon as MANAGER.SYS (or with SM and PH cap.)
2. RUN PSMOND.PRED.SYS;INFO="-k"
    (does an orderly shutdown of the Predictive Support monitor
    PSMOND.PRED.SYS, and the JPSMON.PRED.SYS job will terminate normally.)
3. RUN STMSHUT.DIAG.SYS  (to shutdown the diagnostic monitor process
    diagmond and its children processes, diaglogd and memlogd.

Now the good news:
If you have a line in your SERVICES.NET.SYS file like:
   Diagmond  1508/tcp #Support Tools Manager (STM/iX)
You can restart STM and Predictive by:
1. Logon as MANAGER.SYS (or with SM and PH cap.)
2. Stream JINETD.NET.SYS  (or RUN STMSTART.DIAG.SYS)
3. Stream JPSMON.PRED.SYS

Now the REALLY UGLY:
HP claims: 'Since all XL/Shared Libraries used by STM will be "busy", STM
must be shut down before updating or patching any of the XL/Shared Library
files.  (:listf [log in to unmask],2 if shows * STM deamon is running.)'