HP3000-L Archives

June 2002, Week 2

From:
Peter Osborne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Osborne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 16:09:08 -0400
Hi All,

Now I'm trying to get softkeys to work on our screen handler running on Linux.
It seems that commands do not get sent to Linux after a softkey is set up.
Does anyone know why this might be? Do HP3000 terminal emulators use some
form of proprietary 3000 communication to send the command? I assumed the
softkey string would be passed as if it had been typed on the keyboard but
unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case.

Can a terminal guru enlighten me on how this thing works.

Thanks as always,
Peter Osborne
Carleton Technologies