HP3000-L Archives

June 2002, Week 2

From:
Guy HPTraderOnline <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Guy HPTraderOnline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 11:16:51 -0700
On this note, I contacted the Software License Transfer Division of HP to
ascertain who might have owned a system we acquired (it couldn't hurt, we
knew the company).  They informed us it was CONFIDENTIAL information ;-)
even though the company was bankrupt.
Then she made sure she said that we were not authorized to use the box until
we find the authorized individual who can transfer the license to us.  I
know, it's our problem.
My question is, when they drop software support, does Ted's option "f" come
into play?
If you stop paying, I can see their point.  But what is the contractual
obligation, for both parties, when they discontinue system support

From: "Ted Ashton" <[log in to unmask]>

>      f) because they are afraid that if they answer the survey, the secret
OS
>     police will come and take away their 3000s by force
> Ted

Guy Avenell
www.hpto.net