HP3000-L Archives

June 2002, Week 2

Ted Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 11:55:20 -0400
Thus it was written in the epistle of Larry Barnes,
> just a thought, could it be that by not responding to survey's many customer
> have voiced their opinions?  Sometimes silence rings very loud and too the
> core.

The difficulty is
  1) quantifying how many customers are not answering and
  2) identifying how many of them are not answering
     a) because they are thrilled about moving and can't see spending a moment
        longer thinking about the old MPE platform
     b) because they are already moved and have forgotten what MPE was
     c) because they are so busy finding a new solution that they can't be
        bothered with MPE's future
     d) because they are busy writing an open-source version of MPE and intend
        to release it before the survey can be completed
     e) because they are sick of surveys and don't believe that one more will
        help
     f) because they are afraid that if they answer the survey, the secret OS
        police will come and take away their 3000s by force
     g) because they have already figured out how to homestead without HP's
        help and don't believe that OpenMPE is going to aid them much either
     h) because they aren't on speaking terms with HP or OpenMPE
     i) because they think that their software vendor will fill it out for them
     j) because they haven't heard about the survey yet

        or perhaps some other reason :-)

Ted
--
Ted Ashton ([log in to unmask]) | From the Tom Swifty collection:
Southern Adventist University    | "It fell apart in my hands", Tom rejoined.