HP3000-L Archives

June 2002, Week 1

Ted Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 17:24:20 -0400
Thus it was written in the epistle of david h. floyd,
> that kind of sniping is unfortunate.  it reminds me that we should all
> petition ebay with stan's "ebay idea":
>
> http://www.sieler.com/ebay_idea.html

FWIW, uBid appears to have read Stan's idea (this is from
http://www.ubid.com/help/topic8.asp):

1) Auction Clock and Overtime Policy

Auction Clock
  Auction closing date and time (Pacific Time, PT) are posted under the
  "Bidding Information" section on each Product Information page.

Overtime Policy
  Typically, auctions are over at their posted closing times.
  However, if there are any bids within 10 minutes of the close of the auction
    (the "Going, Going, Gone!" period), it will be extended until there are no
    bids for 10 continuous minutes.
  There is no limit to the number of times an auction can be extended.
  Therefore, uBid recommends that you check back often as an auction nears
    closing time.

Ted
--
Ted Ashton ([log in to unmask]) | From the Tom Swifty collection:
Southern Adventist University    | "I accidentally cut the Greek piper god