HP3000-L Archives

June 2002, Week 1

From:
Jerry Leslie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jerry Leslie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 21:46:50 -0500
Cynthia Fowler ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: sounds like what the HP BOD is doing to Walter Hewlett....
:
: >>> "rosenblatt, joseph" <[log in to unmask]> 06/07/02 11:28AM >>>
: Follow up on Malden Mills. The BOD of Malden Mills is trying to force Aaron
: Feuerstein out of running the company. They don't believe that his methods
: are best for the shareholder's  bottom line. (My source is a piece I heard
: on WBUR out of Boston.)
: As Mr.Feuerstein and his father and grandfather would have said "Och und
: Vay!" (Sighs and sorrow!)
: The opinions expressed herein are my own and not necessarily those of my
: employer.
: Yosef Rosenblatt
:

The closest reference to that story I've found so far is

     http://rutlandherald.nybor.com/Business/Story/45060.html
     The Rutland Herald Online - Malden Mills' future hangs in the balance

There are many references to Mr. Feuerstein as an example of corporate
ethics, the first one is a transcript of a PBS show he participated in:

     http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/economy/corporate_responsibility_3-20.html
     NewsHour Online:Corporate responsibility

     http://www.opi-inc.com/malden.htm
     Malden Mills- a study in leadership

     http://acm.rpi.edu/~strider/polartec.html
     One Good Turn Deserves Another

     http://www.facstaff.bucknell.edu/pagana/mg312/daviss.html
     Profits from Principle

     http://www.jonentine.com/articles/business_with_soul.htm
     Hamline Journal of Law and Public Policy, BUSINESS WITH A SOUL:
     A REEXAMINATION OF WHAT COUNTS IN BUSINESS ETHICS
     by Marianne M. Jennings and Jon Entine

--Jerry Leslie   (my opinions are strictly my own)
  Note: [log in to unmask] is invalid for email