HP3000-L Archives

June 2002, Week 1

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 14:41:56 -0500
The DLT IV cartridge is supposed to hold up to 70GB @ 10MB/second, depending
on the compression.  The uncompressed amount is 35GB @ 5MB/second.  Go from
there.

The fun part with the data is that you can actually exceed the specs.  In
test here, on a UNIX or NT system, we get up to 12.5MB/second transfer rate
with data that is compressible, but not extremely so.  We have seen up to
0GB on a cartridge, but plan for less, you get less surprises.  I know of
some customers that are getting 11.5MB/second standard on these devices.

Denys