HP3000-L Archives

June 2002, Week 1

From:
Erik Vistica <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erik Vistica <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 12:47:04 -0500
Peter Osborne wrote:

> While we're talking about terminals. I have a question about Terminal
> Behaviour.
>
> It seems that, on the HP3000, when the cursor reaches the last column of the
> screen, the terminal itself automatically enters a Carriage Return. Is this
> the case?

Not exactly. The cursor does move down one line and to the far left but
no CR/LF is transmitted.

> Our Screen Handler displays messages that leave the curses one character short
> of the right side, when the user enters any character it automatically clears
> the message. Our Screen Handler running on Linux will accept characters until
> Enter is actually pressed. This would not be a big deal if entering more than
> one charcter before hitting enter didn't missalign the entire screen.

Hmm, I can't quite visualize what is going on. Is this your own home
grown Screen Handler?
Are you in char mode or block mode?
Are you doing single char reads?
Is the record width of the port still 80 bytes?
Have you set alternate EOR chars?
(too many more questions to list here :-)