HP3000-L Archives

June 2002, Week 1

From:
Bill Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 22:35:04 -0700
Michael - I have an old 300E Mercedes - 16 years old - and you'd be
surprised at what is in that car. Electronics from Texas Instruments. A/C
Compressor from Japan - Nippondenso - which I believe is owned by Toyota. I
will admit that there is probably more German content than an equivalent
"US" car - but the new Mercedes today - probably have parts from more
foreign countries. Heck, they even have Bose radios - at least for US bound
Mercedes.

It is a bit strange to think that a Ford LTD made in Mexico is more foreign
than an Isuzu made in Indiana.

The only thing that bothers me is all the made in China stuff. Friends one
day, enemies the next. The Japanese have been very protective of their
markets for decades, and I guess that is one of the reasons their economy is
in such doldrums today.

Bill