HP3000-L Archives

June 2002, Week 1

From:
Gerhard Roets <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gerhard Roets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 13:57:11 +0200
Hi Andrew,

Refer to the attached snippet. Those files aught to exist on your system. Now the moment you created a real resolv.conf in /etc. It overrides the reslvcnf for certain functions. Due to this inconsistency I do think you are getting problems. I recommend you copy resolv.conf to resolv.conf.old and ad its contents over reslvcnf.net.sys. Remove and recreate the links as needed. This aught to solve your problem.

<snippet of ll aka ls -l in ./etc>
lrwxrwxrwx   1 MANAGER.SYS       0             17 Jun  4 10:51 protocol -> /SYS/NET/PROTOCOL
lrwxrwxrwx   1 MANAGER.SYS       0             17 Jun  4 10:51 resolv.conf -> /SYS/NET/RESLVCNF
lrwxrwxrwx   1 MANAGER.SYS       0             17 Jun  4 10:51 services -> /SYS/NET/SERVICES
</snippet>

Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further help. I also recommend you to look at the MPE Internet services manual.

Regards

Gerhard Roets
HP 3000 Support
Neil Harvey & Associates (Pty) Ltd.
HP 3000 Select Systems & Solutions Reseller
PO Box 24, Newlands, 7725, South Africa
Boundary Terraces, 1 Mariendahl Lane, Newlands, Cape Town
Direct Phone: +27-21-670-9233     Direct Fax: +27-21-670-9333