SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2002

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 12:23:46 -0400
On Fri, 14 Jun 2002 09:35:17 EDT, Mark Goldsmith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Thanks for the reference to the source of the quote *I* cited, from
rec.scuba.  NEVER KNEW it came from Thoreau, It's the IDEA that matters,
not WHO said it.   Here it is, what Thoreau said, in full, from which
the paragraph was taken by the rec.scuba poster -- I found just now:

http://www.alumni.caltech.edu/~chchen/walden.html

>Every year I can relate to it more.  It has a prominent place over
>my desk both at home and in my office.
>Regards,
>Mark

Excellent idea to live by!

>"I wish to live my life deliberately, to front the essential facts
>of life; to suck the very marrow of life and see if I can learn what it
>has to teach, and not, when it comes my time to die, discover that I
>have not lived."

-- Bob.