SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2002

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 07:50:35 -0400
On Wed, 5 Jun 2002 08:31:08 +1000, David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
wrote to Jeff:

>Mate!  Tim-Tams, like the Weedy - and Leafy - Seadragons, are a national
>treasure.

Wot about the Kiwi?   :-)

We didn't get around to looking at your CD Rom pix of Shelly Beach critters
till last night, Viv for the first time ... I didn't realize she hadn't
seen it even though she brought the CD until she caught me watching your
pix and her RottNest video, at the same time, in my home office (which
Alfred dubbed the "command center")!  :-)   I haven't done multitasking
much lately.

I fell asleep as we watched the RottNest video the first time, as I often
fall asleep watching ANY video or movie.  :-)))  I also fell asleep as we
watch the IMAX 3-D "Into the Deep".

You certainly had a great collection of some of the strangest critters in
Shelly Beach, including Birdo and Julian.  <BG>  I was intrigued by the
cuttlefish which had streaks of BLUE/PURPLE on its face -- I had only
seen cuttlefish in BROWN before -- and didn't even see, until the Krazy
Kiwi pointed out, the Wobby shark on whose back the Crazy Cuttle sat!

The Choo-Choo-NEDfest is dwindling down as the CAIV02NEDfest is gearing up,
as I hear Bjorn, Huw, Andy, et al are already on their way.

But we're not through yet!  :-)

Huntsville Space Center Museum (which had some displays and videos of
REALLY DEEP diving and the critters several MILES down) yesterday,
boating in the Tennessee River in Knoxville today, Ruby Falls tomorrow,
before packing up the Kiwi for Grand Cayman early Saturday.

Ooops.  Time to start the day.  :-)

-- Bob.