SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2002

From:
Krazy Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 03:39:47 -0400
Michael Doelle <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>KUTY:>>They were all hiding in their cabins :-)  ).
>
>Not everybody was hiding. On the trip to LC Andy and I were up on top
>near the keg for most of the time. Can't quite  recall who else was.

I was there till midnight before leaving the boyz to emtpy that keg in the
wee hours of the morn ;-)

>On the way back Viv and I were up there for the entire trip, Brooxie
>joined us at some point, we turned off the lights and just stared out
>across the ocean trying to make out the first lights on GCs East End.

The 'Late' Brad :-) and Huw were up there also at some point. I was a
little surprised that there was no lighthouses on GC.  We did quite a bit
of stargazing when the clouds peeled away. Watching the island slowly come
in to view was quite fascinating as I did not fully realise how long that
island actually is.

>The hot tub lost most of the water on that trip washing the deck.
>Fun crossing not really all that rough.

If it was not for Huw stuffing one of the sundeck padded liners between the
hot tub & its mount I think it would have split itself eventually.
The next night was the last evening all the NEDs would be together so off
to Deckers we went for dinner - tatts (thanks Huw) and all.  On returning
to the boat I was commandered to find one of the staff to refill that hot
tub.  Alas, that request fell on death ears :-(  I received the big hint
that they did not want us to party on upstairs.  Poor Dennis .. he so
wanted to skinny-dip ;-))  Nah! Dennis just wanted to wind down for the
last night :-)
Luckily, having already packed the majority of my gear Friday morning, it
was easy to crawl out of bed early the next morn for our 7:30am pickup -
diving with Red Baron. Kuty & Mika buddied up for that adventure .. while
John & I flashed our photographic gear in every direction.  That evening we
met up with the rest of the Motley Crew for dinner - Alfie, Dennis & Don.
Not being able to dive with us due to their scheduled flights home the next
day they took up the opportunity to cruise around the island. I think Brad
was still around somewhere at this stage ... maybe he had heard about
Alfie's driving style ;-))))
Viv