SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2002

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 12:48:13 -0400
On Sun, 23 Jun 2002 23:32:28 +0800, Krazy Kiwi <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Because there are so many posts on this Subject I am doing a cut 'n paste of
>the majority of them in one post.

Aha!  I can just read this one then.  :-)

><big snip of the kiwi shears>

>>Kuty wrote:
>> Yes, the diving was great but I think that the company was even
>> better.  It was a great opportunity to meet and dive with friends
>> from cyber space.
>
>Yes, Cutie Kuty ... the company was even better :-)

I wanna meet Cutie Kuty some day.  :-)   He kept using this excuse
of being an Isreali and English is not his language ... and then
wrote his report with such a flair and accuracy on the use of that
fern language ... that I wanna meet the little "copy editor" he
tugs under his bandana too.  (o:-)

>Yes Russ, you are one of a kind .. a real gem.  The amount of strangers that
>commented about the tatts and t-shirts shows what good taste you have for
>design work also :-)

You mean he's not Crusty anymore?  :-)  Wot about the aquatic toys?  I
know he could have brought everyone one and still have enough in that
big basket for the participants of 10 more NEDfests.

>Well, while Strike was indeed absence, atleast in spirit he was on every
>dive with me tethered to my bcd.

Mark Bevelhimer will be very pleased to know that his weedy seadragon
for Strike was tethered to you in your Cayman aquatic adventure, as
evidenced by Mark's sneaky querry before he saw Al's pix:

>> Did you spot any weedy seadragons ????
>> -Mark B.
>
>> Only the one, every time Viv swam by... :-)
>> Cheers, > Huw
>
>Yes Mark, Strike got wet everytime I dived -

I didn't realize you had Strike in your pocket too!!

>I happened to be sitting next to Kentucky Tom one night & he began to quizz
>me about our group. He let it be known that as soon as he heard along the
>grapevine before our arrival that we were a very experienced group of divers
>he began to worry ;-))

Who are you calling Kentucky Tom?  Captain Tom or the other Thomas?
If it's Captain Tom, I am sure I was one of the grapevines because he
had offered to borrow my CAIV02NEDfest shirt to welcome incoming
passengers at the airport.  I refused, cuz we needed them for our
Choo Choo posing session.  :-)

>It turned out he was more interested in how we got
>together originally and impressed how well everyone was getting on.

Captain Tom has been Captain of the CA for almost as many years as the
previous Captain Bill Spenser.  He is a great guy and a bundle of
energy and enthusiasm -- which is why he lasted so long.  Most Captains
are burned out in a year or two, if that long.  Your group was very
fortunate to have him there rather than some substitute while he is
on his "vacation leave".

>Buddy system Kuty ... wots tat ;-)

That's wot me say 2.  :-)

>I do recall that Kentucky Tom, John Nitrox and I were the only ones that
>actually went up-current. Tom and I went through a few tunnels in the wall
>and turned back coming across John patting Cosma the Grouper.

Damn!  They give that Groper a different name on every charter.  :-)

>While we call
>them Gropers in Western OZ I will use the correct spelling to lessen the
>confusion between the real Groper on the boat ;-))

I am waiting for YOUR trip report (that you'll write this weekend) to
tell us about all the real Gropers on the boat ... and other tales. <BWG>

>Reef Feesh wrote:
>> I am curious about the fish-feeding on board Captain Tom hinted.  :-))
>
>I don't think any of the NEDs actually were physically sick ..

Of course not.  Who would confess to such?  :-)

>some may have
>been a bit queasy that's all.  Brooxie spent quite a bit of time on the
>upper deck during the evenings

I had already mentioned their "honeymoon suite" on the boat.  Did
Brooxie or anyone take the Sturgeron tablets your delivered to her
from me?  If not, I want it back.  :-)  They are priceless cuz they
need prescription (which I don't have) even in Mexico -- which would
be the equivalent (for anything needing a prescription in Mex) of
say 100% opium.  :%))

>I found the airconditioning a bit too chilly for my liking and was
>amazed I did not catch the headcolds doing the rounds.

I love that cool breeze!  :-)   Aren't they individually adjustable
in each cabin?

>On the topic of the weedy seadragon ....
>.
>>For a minute, I thought you were referring to Viv's "Chinese Year
>> Sign", the Dragon, but then I remembered that she is an OX, cuz
>> she wuz born the year I graduated from college.  ;-((

Ooops.  I didn't mean to let that secret out on how old this Old
Fart really is.  <sob>

>Yes, an ex-boyfriend use to say "you're as stubborn as a mule" ;-))

And as vicious as a Rotweiller, so you said.   :-)))
I still have to quiz our Alabamy Mike on why/how he found you "shy".  <BG>

>> My wife Sue is a Dragon though.  Viv had forced us to go
>> through that exercise for some sneaky reasons related to
>> some coins minted in Oz. :-)
>
>Well, it was the only pressie I could fit in my luggage that would not take
>up too much space to the detriment of the Tim-Tam quota ;-)

Sure.  And she left two of her tops in the bedroom so that we can hang
them with a sign "Viv Slept Here".  :-))

>>Bjorn wrote:
>> Let me echo all the participants in saying that we had a
>> wonderful time, and that we can never thank Crusty enough
>> for arranging this!
>
>I second & third that.  Russ you're the BEST :-)
>Viv

True.  Except for Strike, when it comes to Tall Tale telling and
Door Prize stretching.   <G>

-- Bob.