SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2002

Date:
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 20:15:53 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Lee Bell" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2002 7:48 PM
Subject: Re: [SCUBA-SE] Rust removal and preventative treatment of tools...

> Crusty Russ wrote:
>
> > Before beginning my usual treatment of spraying the tools with LPS,
> > giving them a good scrub to remove rust and pits, followed by a spray of
> > WD40 or silicone spray, I thought it would be a good idea to see how
> > many of you who live a bit closer to the marine environment deal with
> > this problem.
I have a set of chrome molybdenum drivers that I leave in Cozumel for
working on PCs.  They have been down there about 6 months and are covered
with rust but have never been near the water.  The air down there is brutal.
If we were there all the time, it would probably not be an issue since the
new AC units really dry out the air but when the house is unoccupied....

CH