SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2002

From:
Krazy Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 18:11:35 -0400
Mike Wallace wrote:
>Morning Kids....
>
>Had a great time yesterday with all you denizens of the deep! It was
>great to meet some more of you folks and attach the faces to the names.
>Certainly wish a few more of ya'll could have been there with us. You
>can rest assured you were talked about. :-)

Yeah, were you ears burning Strike ;-)
Great to put a face to the names .. and amazed how good Jeff is.

I was impressed with the aquarium displays. Saw three different types of
fish I had never even heard of before that blew me away with their massive
size. Two of them were butt-ugly but still fascinating to watch.  Mark
motioned me over to peek at a couple of fish spawning. I wondered how long
the whole task would take as they had to be on their guard against
scavengers after their eggs.
The seahorse display was brilliant compared to most I have seen. I was
surprised how active the majority of the seahorses actually were. Most
normally cling on to something & act dead but these critters were swimming
all over the place .. many trying to untangle themselves from smaller
hangers-on. It was quite funny to watch the seahorse scuffles and very
obvious the breeding program is going well.

>Many thanks to Bob and Sue for hosting all of us and treating us to a
>great lunch! We really should do these things more often.....

Yes, Sue & Bob did a great job. This morning they took Alfie & I to great
spot for a buffet breakfast.  I still don't feel hungry now & its way past
lunchtime.  Tried the famous *grits* & biscuit (which I would call a scone
as a biscuit is a cookie to me ;-)).  Grits reminded me of something that
was a mixture of oats, rice pudding & porridge boiled up together. I would
have preferred jam and cream on my scone ... opps biscuit .. but I tried it
the right way.  Wasn't too bad but I was not racing back for more ;-)  Guess
I have got too use to me fush 'n chups.

Well da Feeesh has turned up to say we have to think about dinner .. I'm
still as full as a bull so looks like a light salad tonight.
Viv