SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2002

From:
Mike Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 09:31:01 -0500

> I wrote:
> > >I'm with you!  :-)
>
> > Probably not when he tried to follow da Feeesh down to 197 fsw and
> > got a bit narked on the way.   :-)
>
> 'a bit narked'?  Mate!  I'd have been off the planet at that depth on air,
> even allowing time to work up to it - as I seem to be one of those folks who
> are susceptible, (or at least notice the effects of narcosis) - over a
> period of days!  :-)

Me too. That's another reason to play with the voodoo gasses. ;-)

> > You folks are back to the 131 fsw and YOU DIE mentality of PADI.
>
> Not at all! :-)
>
> I believe absolutely in the saying, "know your limitations - and the
> personal limitations of the breathing medium - and dive within them."  :-)

Does make for more uneventful dives doesn't it, and when immersed in a medium
that we were really not designed for, uneventful is a good thing.

> > Watch my lips, as Sen(i)or Bush might say, "It's the EXPOSURE TIME
> > that matters much more than the absolute PPO2 number".  :-)
>
> Granted!  (Although I'd tend to say that both are equally important)  But
> why not give oneself an 'edge' by reigning in both?  Particularly where
> recreational diving's concerned. :-)))

When you yank on the tail of the toothy creature, he is not happy and tends to
show it, qickly and abruptly in a manner which is not pretty to the yanker. Best to
skirt around the edge and enjoy him from a distance, much like the ole' tox
creature... ;-)

> Strike

__
Mike Wallace