HP3000-L Archives

May 2002, Week 5

From:
Wayne Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 12:16:18 -0500
Burning a cross at a public gathering, as repugnant as that may be, does seem to
me to be a free-speech issue.  However, burning a cross on someone's lawn at
midnight is clearly meant to terrorize and intimidate, and ought to be dealt
with as such.  If I lived in an area where anti-American sentiment was high and
I found people burning an American flag on my lawn in the middle of the night,
I'd certainly consider it an act of intimidation rather than a political
expression.

Wayne

Arthur Frank <[log in to unmask]> on 05/30/2002 11:45:09 AM

Please respond to Arthur Frank <[log in to unmask]>