HP3000-L Archives

May 2002, Week 5

Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 08:46:57 -0500
Hi Braun,

You might take a look at the ODBC and JDBC that we have in our UDALink
multiplatform data access products ... see www.MBFoster.com ... What will the
database be on the Linux box?? So far we do Oracle and are just finishing up
HP-Eloquence ... there is a charge for this solution ... we are a fun place to
work but everyone needs to make a living;-)

Birket Foster
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Shawn Gordon
<[log in to unmask]> writes:

>>Subject: Linux/HP3000 and ODBC question...
>>

>>Hello all.
>>
>>First let me say that I finally solved the problem
>>with the Perl/MPE::Image problem I had a week or so
>>ago.  The problem stemmed from the fact that I had a
>>limited knowledge of Image databases plus the fact
>>that the client was giving me incorrect information.
>>
>>Thanks to all of the people on the list who responded
>>to me.
>>
>>I have another question.  I have a customer who has a
>>large amount of Delphi(Pascal) code written under
>>Windows who wants to find a way to keep it running
>>under Linux.  The relevance here is that most of the
>>code connects to the Minisoft ODBC driver which talks
>>to the HP3000.  This way, the client can make SQL
>>calls to the IMAGE database and not have to understand
>>or use the HP DB intrinsic functions.
>>
>>I'm trying to figure out a way to allow them to keep
>>this code under Linux.  The major problem is that
>>Minisoft doesn't make an ODBC driver for Linux.
>>
>>Does anyone make an ODBC driver for Linux that will
>>talk to an HP3000?  Alternatively, could I use the
>>DBI::Proxy module and allow the Delphi code to talk to
>>it?
>>
>>Has anyone on the list had to deal with this problem
>>before?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Braun Brelin

Birket Foster
M. B. Foster Associates .. the 1-800-ANSWERS people!
Supplying UDALink w/cross-platform ODBCLink Option (3000,9000&NT)
See how DataExpress has evolved www.MBFoster.com
EC/EDI(3000,9000,NT) Phone (613) 448-2333 or (613) 448-2588(FAX)