HP3000-L Archives

May 2002, Week 5

From:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2002 08:55:58 -0400
We use a certain accounting package that runs on its own NT server.  The
clients are four PC's located in our accounting department.  We are
upgrading the accounting package and, all of a sudden, we now are faced with
upgrading the client PC's to the new required hardware (don't ask me why we
didn't learn of this until the tech was on-site performing the upgrade - I
asked and got no good answer).

Anyway, the requirement is for a minimum 266 MHz Pentium processor with a
recommended 450 MHz Pentium II.  We're currently running 200-300 MHz Celeron
processors in these clients.  Is there any reason we can't use Celeron
processors instead of Pentium II?  Or do I need to ask those morons who
neglected to tell us we needed to upgrade in the first place?

My main idea is to save some money...and PC's using Celeron processors in
the 1GHz range are relatively cheap at the moment.

Jim Phillips                           Information Systems Manager
Email: [log in to unmask]     Therm-O-Link, Inc.
Phone: 330-527-2124                         P. O. Box 285
Fax:   330-527-2123                           10513 Freedom Street
Web:   http://www.tolwire.com          Garrettsville, OH  44231

I WANT MY MPE!