HP3000-L Archives

May 2002, Week 5

Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 19:16:31 -0500
You might be able to get info out of the following documents from HP.
I have not looked at them bu they are in the MPE Documents section:

COBOL/HP-UX Compatibility Guide for the Series 700 and 800
http://www.docs.hp.com/cgi-bin/doc3k/BB243390012.12979/1

COBOL/HP-UX Error Messages for the Series 700 and 800
http://www.docs.hp.com/cgi-bin/doc3k/BB243390014.12998/1

COBOL/HP-UX Getting Started for the Series 700 and 800
http://www.docs.hp.com/cgi-bin/doc3k/BB243390006.13011/1

COBOL/HP-UX Language Reference for the Series 700 and 800
http://www.docs.hp.com/cgi-bin/doc3k/BB243390008.13027/1

COBOL/HP-UX Operating Guide for the Series 700 and 800
http://www.docs.hp.com/cgi-bin/doc3k/BB243390010.13032/1

This manual does not cover MPE COBOL but you might find some gotchas
to look for…

Compatibility Guide:
http://docs.hp.com/hpux/onlinedocs/dev/cobol/cg/cgpubb.htm

Other manuals can be found at
http://docs.hp.com/hpux/dev/index.html#COBOL

Since the COBOL specifications are ANSI standards you can probably
download the standards from their site and check which standards are
supported by the vendors you are interested in.  MicroFocus COBOL
supports a number of different dialects (see Compatibility Guide
above).  COBOL/II is not in the guide but that does not necessarily
mean they do not have anything - it could just not be popular enough.

If you have an Interex membership (I don't), they might have some
conference presentations and other technical material.