HP3000-L Archives

May 2002, Week 5

From:
Chuck Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chuck Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 10:19:29 -0500
> Why is dropping bombs on a hospital or a village in
> Afghanistan acceptable,
> why is that any more morally correct than what a terrorist does.

Intent makes a huge difference.

An accident vs. an intentional act.

> The scary thing for me is that in the US, you are now allowed
> to arrest
> anyone who is a foreigner and have them executed with no
> proof, no trial and
> no jury, isn't it meant to be the land of the free.  Not too
> different from
> previous dictators a little further south.

We cannot even stop Arab men boarding planes and search them, because that
would be profiling which is bad, let alone arrest or execute someone.

You may want to reconsider your source of news, magazines that have
headlines about a woman marrying bigfoot may not be your best choice.

Comments are my own, not my employer's... etc.