HP3000-L Archives

May 2002, Week 5

From:
"Wayne R. Boyer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 19:53:47 EDT
In a message dated 5/30/02 3:05:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I am not sure how Wirt would classify Stalin and Mao's ideas. But I believe
> that they claimed more lives and caused more suffering than our many great
> wars...

I cannot figure out why, but in Los Angeles at the moment there are many many
advertising signs with artistic renderings of Mao hanging on city street
light poles.  These are related to an art exhibition but if, instead of Mao,
it was a rendering of Hitler, do you think that someone might get a little
bit upset over the choice of advertising material?

Wayne