HP3000-L Archives

May 2002, Week 4

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2002 15:22:23 -0500
The mixture is probably your problem.  Make sure you use the same subnet and
IP address range on all the systems.  In Windows 95, there is a way to
disable the master browser feature.  Right-click on Network Neighborhood, in
the Configuration tab, select the file and print client for MS network,
click on Properties and voila, Browse master is most assuredly set at
Automatic.  Change it and save the stuff.  I suspect there is a way also on
98 or Me, but I never used these OS so I do not know for sure.

Select one system, you fastest one, or one that is always on-line and enable
master browsing on it and disable it on the others.

Denys