HP3000-L Archives

May 2002, Week 3

From:
Bill Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 22:46:24 -0700
I'll be the first to admit that I don't read all the digests I get - they
are huge - but the immediate thought that came to me is why would anyone
want to go to the expense to migrate from an HP3000 to yet another
proprietary system?

I will admit that IBM's computer universe is bigger than the HP universe -
they seem to be making a strong effort to make DB2 a cross-platform DBMS.

I guess I am in Duane's camp, too.

However I have no plans to migrate - 5 years from now we'll still proudly
wear the HP3000 flag.

I did like Deny's article in the latest Interex magazine. Things like
changing the maximum disc drive capacity for 9x7 systems is something that
hopefully will be addressed. But we along with many others I suspect - will
stay with the HP3000.

Bill