HP3000-L Archives

May 2002, Week 3

From:
Braun Brelin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Braun Brelin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 13:21:32 -0700
I don't know if the problem is a Perl, or an
MPE::IMAGE issue or merely something I don't
understand about IMAGE databases in general.

Here's what I'm trying to do:

I am trying to extract data from an IMAGE database
using a key value.

To do this, I do a DbFind() using the key followed by
a DbGet() to get the fields.

The DbFind() looks like this:

DbFind($db,$dataset,1,"E-TRANS-NBR-ID",$key);

Where E-TRANS-NBR-ID is the key field name and $key is
the value.

I then do a DbGet() which looks like this:

my @fields = ('E-TRANS-NBR-ID','PROC-DATE');
%record = DbGet($db,$dataset,2,@fields);

Where PROC-DATE is just one of the other fields in the
record.

Note that this statement:

%record = DbGet($db,$dataset,2,'E-TRANS-NBR-ID');
works correctly without errors.

However, trying to get anything else besides the key
value gives me the following error:

TURBOIMAGE ERROR AT $01052210; RETURN STATUS = -52
DBGET, MODE 2, ON RD-PROC-INFO OF DBRD1.DATA.ALTA0
BAD LIST - CONTAINS ILLEGAL OR DUPLICATED DATA ITEM
REFERENCE

I know that both E-TRANS-NBR-ID and PROC-DATA exist
because I do a DbInfo() and printing the resulting
hash I get the following
(much extraneous stuff deleted)

key = name, value = E-TRANS-NBR-ID
key = length, value = 1
key = count, value = 1
key = type, value = I
key = name, value = PROC-DATE
key = length, value = 14
key = count, value = 1
key = type, value = X

This problem is really driving me nuts.  Can anyone
shed some light on this???

Thanks,

Braun Brelin

<http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.6.1/pod/func/pack.html>