HP3000-L Archives

May 2002, Week 3

From:
David Gale <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Gale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 14:28:24 -0400
Unfortunately I don't think you will get unbiased reporting. People will
believe what they will.

The other point is most of this boils down to politics. As we have seen from
our corporations and government, it's 'what is on the agenda'. Any company
(or government) will search for those experts that back up it's opinion. And
of course as with most politics as soon as one side makes a point, the other
has to make a counter point.

I thought it interesting that when I read in one account that icebergs the
size of Delaware are breaking off from the ice cap (attributed to global
warming), then you get other scientists who declare that the thing is a
'Fairy Tale'.

My opinion is, scientists, like most people, have their own agenda. And will
pursue that information that supports their beliefs.

I know I will misquote this, but since we are using movie and story quotes:

'I'm not altogether on anybody's side, since nobody is altogether on my
side'. (JRR Tolkien)

Blessings.