HP3000-L Archives

May 2002, Week 3

From:
Doug Greenup <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doug Greenup <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 09:33:36 -0700
Actually Birket.....  Minisoft did announce that our ODBC driver supports
HP Eloquence.  A couple of months ago.  It was VERY easy to do.  And as you
stated was a weeks effort at most.  Our JDBC driver (now 3.0 compliant) and
our Middleman product also support Eloquence as well.

Just wanted to set the record straight.

Sincerely,

Doug Greenup
Minisoft, Inc.

At 07:58 AM 5/20/02 -0700, you wrote:
>In article <[log in to unmask]>, Michael Marxmeier
><[log in to unmask]> writes:
>

> >> HP Eloquence is now owned by HP - Germany.  They bought it
> >> from Marxmeier Software AG.
> >
> >This is basically correct but could be misunderstood.
> >Just to be explicit: This did not happen recently.
> >

> >Michael
> >

>Michael,
>
>Let me help the folks out:
>
>1) Eloquence has been a "temporary" solution for the HP250/260  users
migrating
>to HPUX for more than 10 years.
>
>2) There is a turbo Image layer that was added to assist HP3000 users with
>having a database on HP-UX.
>
>3) This is more than just a database ... there is a "Business Basic" there.
>(Wirt knows)
>
>4) There are differences with Image.
>
>5) MBFoster is writing a class for Eloquence. If anyone is interested in the
>class they can drop me a note (just remove the nospam part of the email
>address). Would the preferred format be in person with hands on or as a multi
>part webinar?
>
>6) There are several vendors investigating Eloquence and making the products
>work with it they include: MBFoster, DISC, SPEEDWARE, COGNOS, Robelle, AICS -
>other than Robelle there have been no product announcements.
>
>7) At MBFoster we were able to get our UDALink talking to Eloquence in 3 or 4
>days ... (thanks for the help Michael) MBFoster is not finished with our
>automated test suites and have a goal of having a full test run on HP-UX,
Linux