HP3000-L Archives

May 2002, Week 3

Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 15:59:05 -0400
If you don't mind linking into the site, a better link would be
http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/accounts.html, in which the
author cites two contradictions (his term) between the two accounts. But
they are the same "contradiction", within the same text, stated two
different ways.

Casual reading of the Five Books of Moses will show that the author seems
quite willing to jump around within a narrative, mentioning long-term
consequences or antecedent events in the midst of the description of another
event, then returning to a more or less chronological telling of the event.
This skeptic's assertion that because creation of animals is mentioned in
the middle of the description of man being alone and the formation of Eve,
that this is when the animals were formed, is a deliberate distortion. There
are far more interesting things to consider within the text; I don't know
why someone like this self-described skeptic has to try to find nits to pick
that are simple trivialities. Perhaps it's the heavy thought requirement.
Fortunately, one can get the videos of Bill Moyer's PBS Genesis series thru
one's local library.

Greg Stigers
http://www.cgiusa.com